Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ps. 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD...

God is so good. When He calls you away from your family, He provides others to help you through those times where family is important and normally present. Being away from children and grandchildren on Mother's Day is especially difficult for mothers on the field. It's a day that mothers are made to feel extra special by their children. So again this year, several of us are without our own children, just as those that are single are without their mothers. And like some, my mother is no longer alive. This was the first year without her. I missed calling her and wishing her a great day. I didn't get to send her a card or give her a gift. So this Mother's day was a little difficult to say the least.

I went to church with Ramiro and his family, and friends on Friday night. The church was honoring mothers. A couple of people were walking through the congregation before church and were taking pictures of mothers with their children. When one of them was before Yesica and Melisa, Yesica said, "Beverly, be my mom." So we had our picture taken. The pictures were shown on a screen after services and copies were given to us when church was over. I don't like to have my picture taken at all, but this one came out really good. Yesica's mother wasn't there and neither were my children. I praise God for the friends He has given me here. We all adopt mothers and children! But I praise God for my children that e-mailed me early Saturday morning and on Monday. And for the one who called Sunday night. You lifted my spirit. I thank God for each and every one of you. I love you all very, very much.

Yesterday, Olympia and her sister-in-law made lunch for her mother, mother-in-law, Becky and I. Badder, pronounced Bother, made us a card. It was so nice. They made enchiladas, the Honduran way. Absolutely delicious. Becky and I had a very quiet, peaceful, enjoyable day. What a blessing.

Friday the kids celebrated Mother's Day at school. The teachers had a really good program. Kids did skits and sang. Some of the teachers were dressed like the little people or pillow people. Absolutely hysterical. They couldn't see what they were doing at all. They had these long bags, the kind that rice, beans, and corn comes in, over the top half of their bodies with a face painted on them. One of the teachers kept bumping into the wall while another almost sat on the lap of one of the fathers that was there. Everybody was laughing. The teachers said later that they were so hot and sweating so much that they couldn't see. It was hilarious. Then they had two of the mothers break balloons by sitting on them in a chair. Whoever broke the most won. What a contest. Finally, they played musical chairs. Well, when the last two mothers popped down on the last chair at the same time, one of the legs on the chair broke and all ended up on the floor. Absolutely hysterical. No one was hurt of course, but it was funny. Everybody enjoyed themselves. And of course, a meal followed which was delicious.

Instead of going to Costa Rica for my visa renewal, I'll be going to IL to spend 3 days with my daughter, and I'll also be able to visit my brother who has been having some health problems.

I hope all you Mother's had a great Mother's Day. Children truly are a blessing from God.

1 comment:

  1. hey mom!!!!! so glad to have you home....and sittin next to me as i write this hahahahah

    ReplyDelete