Sunday, August 8, 2010

John 14:2 In my father's house are many mansions:...

Friday afternoon Eva and I went walking. So let's go to the cemetery. I've been to just about every place else in town, but not there. So we did. The most peaceful place is a cemetery. No one there to bother you. This one was a little creepy looking to me because the graves are almost on top each other. And some of the headstones and vaults were not standing straight. I was sure the path we were on went over some graves. Grandma always said you never walk on a grave. It's disrespectful. So I felt a little guilty. They have a lot of graves above the ground with the casket inside the concrete vault. One family had several vaults built on top each other, and the whole building was made to look like a castle! (Made me think of the Father's house wherein are many mansions). There really was no room to walk between the graves. That's how close together they were. Some were covered with the ceramic tiles, others were plain cement or painted. I guess I'll have to take a picture. Never thought about it Friday. Speaking of cemeteries, I went to my second wake a couple of weeks ago. And that always makes me think of my own! Unless we're alive when Jesus returns, we'll all go that way sometime.

Before I leave in December, we are talking about going to the mine that's near Valle. They used to mine silver from it. It also had a beautiful waterfall, but that was destroyed by Hurricane Mitch. The rain from Hurricane Mitch did a lot of damage in Honduras.

Last week seven schools came to our school. We hosted a fair day where the different schools brought things made from recyclables. We took first place in every area. What an accomplishment. Made us proud, the right kind of course. Now they are planning a science fair for the seventh graders. That ought to be interesting.

Work has begun on finishing the "cancha" for the high school. That's an answered prayer for me. It's something these kids need. I'm so thankful for those of you that sent me an offering to help with this.

We have an epidemic of dengue at this time. It's caused by a particular mosquito. The hospitals have been full. A campaign has been underway to clean up dump sites and to empty any vessel outside that can hold water including flower pot saucers. Cities have been using pesticides to kill the mosquitoes and their larvae, but it rains just about everyday, so the fight is continual. Dengue can kill. There are three basic types and the one that causes a person to bleed from different areas of the body is the worst. Right now we have a teacher that is very sick with it. She is suppose to return to school in another three days. I hope so.

In two days I leave for KS to see my kids, grand-kids, and to attend my granddaughter's wedding. I am soooo excited. Hopefully, I will get to see ALL my kids. Thank you Lord for my BIG family. What a blessing they are to me. And thank you for all the friends that you have given me. They, too, are a blessing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment