Monday, July 2, 2012

There's nothing like getting a message from a program that has worked for four years saying that it is no longer supported by the previous program. Whatever!! Amazing how we trust something that is so unstable. The internet, cell phones, etc. Oh well, that's life in the 20's.

And it's amazing how time seems to fly! It seems I just posted and here it's been almost a month. And about that long ago, Becky, Gabrielle, and I was in a bank in Tegucigalpa getting a check cashed when this lady walked by and started speaking in Spanish. I had no clue to what she said. Several minutes later, she was in my face telling me how bad my country was, that I should leave Honduras, and that they were poor and broke. And then she proceeded to tell me that we were the biggest killers in the world. I just sat and listened and never said a word. What an experience! After she left, a lot of thoughts went through my mind. It's interesting how much she hates Americans, but spoke perfect English! I just hope she got everything off her chest. I sent a prayer up for her. Poor thing!

This Friday we leave for San Pedro Sula to be with a team that is coming. Again no English for my students, however, I'm leaving plenty of work for them to do. Will wait and see if it gets done.

No comments:

Post a Comment