Thursday, October 11, 2012

Ps. 91:5-6 Thou shalt not be afraid...nor for the pestilence that walkest in darkness...

We are in the countdown for the school year's end. And we are all ready. It has been a difficult year for a lot of the teachers. New kids with a lot of discipline problems, need for at least 3 more teachers, etc. When a teacher has 42 students, it is very difficult to do the job well. There is not time to help those that are having troubles in the learning and behavior areas. It is so different here! But we have good teachers, and they do their best. Today we had a meeting between the director, me, Becky and the other two teachers from the elementary school and high school.  We met to discuss problems and solutions. We need to have behaviors and consequences written on paper to give to parents and students. Plus each of the teachers all need to be on the same page! We also will now have a calling tree. Woohoo!! So on Saturday, the 27th, they are coming to my house so we can do just that.  Becky and I are fixing lunch!

I had some really good news today. While in the meeting, the director said that one of the director's in a public school here has one of my former students, and he told her that this student speaks very good English compared to the students that are using the program "Hi Honduras." When this student was asked questions, he answered all of them correctly!!! I am so pleased. There are a lot of mistakes in this program.The national director has asked me to go through the books and mark down all the mistakes. He is going to take it to the district and talk to them about it. What a job!

I started this a few days ago! So now I must finish it. Today a group of four came to the school to check the Jr. High kids for Chagas disease. They prick the finger and take a blood sample. I went on line to check out this nasty insect that can cause big trouble when it bites a person. Hopefully, none of our kids will have the disease.  There is no cure, and the two medicines that are available are expensive and has many side effects.  This is the second insect that I have learned about here, and they are nasty critters. The first was the Bot fly. UGH!! 

So tomorrow is Friday! I have to give the devotional for the teachers. So we'll see how well my Spanish works!

I am  looking forward to December! Even though it will be cold, I need the time there. I praise God  that He is always with me.



No comments:

Post a Comment