Friday, March 8, 2013

1 Peter 2;24...by whose stripes ye were healed.

Wow!  Today, I actually feel alive! It has been a rough two weeks.  Whatever this stuff is that comes with achy body, fever, cough, and horrible congestion really knocks one for a loop. Teachers and students alike have been hit with it. Plus the weather hasn't  been much help either. It has been cold!  The last two days have warmed up somewhat.  I hope the trend continues.  And maybe I can enjoy coffee again!  It has not been in my diet for the past couple weeks. UGH!

So we had a great team from KS in February. What a great and crazy group they were. My pastor included. It was so great to see you Pastor Bryan! Newsletters can only do so much. But to go and see what the missionaries do on a daily basis, and how they live is totally different. And it's such a blessing to actually have someone from your church come and visit. It's absolutely the best.  The group ministered to different pastors and churches in different areas. And they threw Becky and I a surprise birthday party! And of course, it wasn't either of our birthdays!! But then they aren't here when we celebrate our special days. What a deal! It was great, and all the gifts were very nice and appreciated. It's so nice to be treated special once in a while. God is good to his kids.  

What a blessing when former students show up at your door wanting help with their English while attending another school!  It happened yesterday.  Jerson and friend were waiting for me when I got home. And while they were practicing, Jerson started asking his friend questions. I made a remark about it ( can't remember what!) and he said he remembered it from his classes with me. Yeehah!!!! that was three years ago. So I guess that I'm doing something right.  Thank you Jesus!

So now, I'm finished for the day. Hopefully, all the energy will soon return!  Thanks for all your prayers and support.






No comments:

Post a Comment