Saturday, May 27, 2017

Gen.1:21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth...and every winged fowl...and God saw that it was good.

Here I am sitting outside the Cesar Mariscos Hotel and Restaurante in Tela, HN enjoying a couple of days with my youngest son and his family who are here in HN on vacation.  I knew that I needed a break, but I never thought that it would  come in this way. God is good and always supplies our needs in ways that we cannot always anticipate. Our heavenly Father is truly above and beyond anything that we can think or do.

So yesterday we went to Punta Sal. It was  my second time to go there. My kids first time.  Punta Sal is a peninsula where no one can live. It is a protected area.  There is a family that takes care of the area and provides food and drink to visitors. It is wonderful to see howler monkeys cavorting in the trees and birds diving for fish.  Pelicans are a sight to behold in their natural habitat. The point is about nine miles from the mainland. The boat ride there and back was great, and we had a great guide that spoke both England and Spanish.

The kids went snorkeling and saw fish and coral.  While we were relaxing on the  beach, I saw something really big under water coming towards the beach. When I asked what it was, my grandson said it was a rock. I told him it  couldn't be because it was moving. Hah! It was a manatee! The guide said it was the first that he had seen one there. Well, everybody got excited and two or three of the Honduran guys went after it. Of course, it just swam away.  So hooray for Grandma!

I don't like to swim, so while they were swimming, I was  walking the beach looking for sea glass. It's pieces of broken glass that have been worn smooth by being in the water for a long time. It's especially difficult to find the green, blue, and amber colored glass.  But on this trip, I found a blue piece and a green piece. Thank you Lord. They are for a missionary in Costa Rica who makes jewelry from them.

So last Wednesday my family visited my classroom and talked with my nineth graders. I have two students that study and really want to learn English. My son used his limited Spanish and did very well. So it was a good experience for all.

Before long we are going to eat breakfast and head back to Valle. I praise the Lord for all that he has done in my life and for my family. What a truly awesome God we serve.

Be blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment