Saturday, June 30, 2018

It has been a while since I have written on my blog. So today I want to write about a few things that the Lord has done and is doing in my life.

My term as a career missionary associate with AG will end on July 31 of this year.  So I will retire at that time. Some of you know about it already. So how did this come about?  I had been asking the Lord if it was time to retire again. And an event came about which led me to make this decision.  However, before it happened, I had been experiencing a lot of pain in my upper arms every day.   I knew it wasn't my heart. One night after going to bed, I asked the Lord what was causing it. He told me it was stress. For many days, I woke up with the dread of going to the school. I didn't want to go out there any more.  My plan was to finish teaching there until the last of July.  However, it happened the first part of May. It was much quicker than I had planned. I  still teach the students that come to my house and have even added a couple. When the Lord moves, sometimes it's very quickly. And this was very fast. It even surprised me. But what peace it has brought to me. Do I know everything that He is doing? No. But I have to follow His leading even when I don't understand everything. At this time the plan is to stay here for another year or two in order to finish a couple of personal projects. 

The Lord told me that I needed to rest.  Wow! How do I do that?  I asked him that everyday. If you grow up in the USA and in the church, you have to be busy all the time. You are pushed always to be working. Don't be lazy! Well, it has taken me a long time to calm down and rest: my mind, my body, my soul. I do work, but I'm not on the treadmill, any more. All the pain has gone from my arms-Thank you Lord. I actually have time to think. Lord what do you want me to do today? What do you want me to know about you today? Who do you want me to bless?  (And that blessing is not always in dollars)!

There's a lady that goes to the church that I used to go to here in Valle, and she now comes to my house on Wednesday mornings. We talk about the Lord and share different things about him and what he has done in our lives, etc.  It's so amazing. I hadn't seen her in ages, and one morning going to Tegus, she down next to me on the bus. We instantly started talking. Her English is good, but she wants to learn more. So here we are! She only had a Book of Psalms, and the New Testament that was given to her long ago. I had an extra bilingual Bible and had been praying to whom do I give it. The Lord led me to give it to her. Oh, my! How thrilled she was. Not only a Bible with the Old and New Testaments, but also bilingual! How good God is. He knows when, where, who, how, and why about everything. What a gracious God we serve. And it amazes me how many people there are that think that we don't need to know the OT. How ignorant are those that teach this to new converts. I don't think the Lord is too happy about that. He wants us to know it all. How do we know about Abraham, David, Moses, Samuel, and all the prophets without the OT?  Crazy.

I was supposed to go to San Pedro Sula this week but it was cancelled because  the secretary was sick. I guess now that it will be the second week in July. Mario has asked me to help our teachers with their English programs.  So that will be a different and new job for me. So there will be some traveling to the hot zones :( And they are HOT! But I have many friends in those areas, and there is air conditioning in the schools. So it will be well. And it will keep me involved with everybody.

So that's it for now. I hope you are all blessed and following the Lord.
Grace and peace to all!











No comments:

Post a Comment