Sunday, April 5, 2020

My God takes of me.

I am so totally amazed this morning. I know that the Lord is my provider, protector, healer, everything. I know that he is with me all the time even when I do dumb things. Like this last week. I broke the plastic water tube that comes up out of the ground from my water supply. I was watering my flowers, yanked to hard on the hose and the pipe broke off a couple of inches above the ground. Ugh! Now what do I do? I turned off the water. But I have to have water in my house. What to do. I had nothing to cover the broken pipe. Haha! A whiteboard marker fit perfectly in the hole. PTL! I will ask Wil to fix it after the quarantine is over. So this morning, Franklin and his little boy came to cut the grass. He hadn't been here for two weeks. He had had other things come up that he had to attend to and therefore couldn't take care of my yard. 
Probably ten or so minutes passed and who should appear at my gate?  Wil. He brought me some eggs from his hens. That really blessed me because the woman that I usually buy them from hasn't come for a couple of weeks due to the quarantine. So I showed him my pipe and asked if he could fix it after the quarantine was over. He kind of giggled when I told him how it got broken. He told me he would come tomorrow. Then he looked at it and asked me for a saw. Ok. I thought he would need to buy a connecter, but he said no. I showed him the different kinds of glue that I had and he chose one. He then asked for matches. Ok. So he squirted some glue on a rock, set it on fire, put the broken end of the pipe over the flame turning it. Ha! He put glue inside of the hot pipe and put it on the broken part of the pipe sticking out of the ground. Wa la! Totally fixed! 
I have so much admiration for this man. I've known him for 10 years. He works for the man that owns the house where I lived for seven years.  When his last son was born, he asked me what names  I liked.  I said Samuel because Samuel is my favorite prophet and my dad's middle name was Samuel. The reason this even came up was because when the baby was about two weeks old, I had asked him the baby's name and he and his wife hadn't named him yet! So they named him Jordan Samuel which doesn't sound as good in English as it does in Spanish.  So Wil is my buddy! If I have a problem with things of the house, he is always there to help me. 
And have I talked about the animal that was between my ceiling and roof? That thing kept me awake so many nights. So one afternoon, after I asked a friend of mine to tell him, he came with bananas and rat poison. Three nights later, I had an awful smell in my bedroom. That lasted for about a week. It wasn't really strong, thank the Lord, but I did sleep in my other bedroom. 
The Lord takes care of me in every situation. There's a song in Spanish that says that exact thing: Dios Cuida de Mi. His promises are real, and I praise him everyday for being my Savior. 
I hope that the people who read my blog know Him for the God that He truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment