Saturday, January 30, 2010

Gen. 18:25...Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

Well, two more days left before I start my second school year here in Macuelizo. Hard to believe. Next week will be a work week for teachers and enrollment of students, and the following week, too, if I remember correctly. It will be interesting to see how many high school students return. I begin teaching English to Denia, my Spanish teacher, and her son next Wednesday, and of course my Spanish also resumes. I'm quite happy to know that I understand a lot more Spanish now than when I left. It's amazing. Of course all credit goes to the Lord. I have asked Him to help me remember, and at the same time, I am picking up new words everyday. PTL!!

So this week Yesica, pronounced Jessica, went with me to the meat market to show me how to order fresh cut meat. God bless her for that. It wasn't too difficult. She is so good about explaining things to me so I really understand. Such as asking for a suave cut. Suave means soft. I'm thinking soft meat? But that would mean tender in English. So she proceeded to explain that there are tender and tougher cuts of beef, such as roasts,etc. Ok, I understand. Do I remember where all these cuts are? Of course not, so guess I will do some research. What a difference from buying precut, prepackaged meat. And I ordered two one pound packages of chicken which were already cut and frozen. One pound had a leg and a thigh, my favorite parts. I'm thinking a leg and a thigh weigh 1/2 lb. a piece. Wow!

It is nice to walk through the village and have people wave to me. One fellow yesterday asked me when I returned. I was so happy that I understood exactly what he said, and that I answered him correctly. One of the missionary wives said I was being immersed. I hope so. I'm not as concerned about speaking now as I was last year. Lots of things I don't know, but on the other hand, I understand more this time around. Thank you so much Jesus. You have blessed me above measure.

I received some really sad news this week. My granddaughter has suffered a miscarriage. She was 12 weeks along, but the Dr. couldn't hear a heartbeat and the baby only showed 10 weeks growth. So...I know God will heal her pain and her body, and she will carry and have the healthy babies that she and her husband desire.

God has truly blessed me with children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. I do not separate blood relatives from those that aren't blood related. So altogether I now have 16 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren. What a family! I hope I didn't leave anybody out.

And I just received an email from my granddaughter. What a blessing to know that she knows that God has a plan and that all is well even when we don't understand what He is doing in our lives. What a God we serve who knows the beginning and ending of all things. What a blessing when children and grandchildren know and serve the Lord. Could anyone ask for more? I don't think so. I praise Him always for His goodness to us.

Well, it's that time that I must study and then go shopping for some little things like garlic and black pepper.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment