Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ps.34:2 My soul shall make her boast in the LORD...

Well, it appears that I am several weeks behind. I really did go on vacation! So now after spending six weeks in the states, I am now home in Valle. The weather is beautiful and the sun is shining. Hallelujah. I'm one of those people that needs light. I found out that if I turned the lights on in the house, especially in Feb. in the states, I felt better. Dreary days made me feel dreary. No me gusta. So here I am. I had to go to the store this morning to buy food. The shop keepers welcomed me back after spending Christmas in the states. That warmed my heart. I still need some things, but since I haven't walked a lot, I decided to go this afternoon or whenever. It really doesn't matter, since I'll walk to town everyday anyway.

I had a welcome sign with balloons around it from the Eva, Yesica, Denia, their children, and Wil. The girls are coming over this afternoon. It will be good to see them. I was prepared for Lobo's welcome, so I didn't get knocked over. He was one happy German Shepherd. And he started barking to let every one know I was back! What a dog.

I thought I had a couple of weeks before school starts, but teachers begin the first of Feb. so I need to get things started. And speaking of school, the teacher's conference at Lake Yojoa, in November, was basically the same as conferences for teachers in the states, except we had pastors speak to us in the evenings. It was great.

The Lord always opens a door for me to share my testimony about being in Honduras. And yesterday was no different. Praise His name, for I love to tell what He has done and is doing. Not always, but when you meet North Americans coming to Honduras, nine out of ten times, they are on mission trips as was the fellow yesterday. His group was going near the Nicaragua border to help build houses. I don't remember the name of the group, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that God uses many people that believe in Him to get His work done. I met a lady in Target in Wichita when I was shopping one afternoon, and she told me to read a book called Three Cups of Tea. What a story. It's about Greg Mortenson building schools in Pakistan. There were a couple of things that truly hit home for me. Greg didn't go as a Christian or missionary. In fact he was a mountain climber, but his attitude was the same as we must have towards the people God sends us to. Great story.

I was really selfish by only visiting my home church, and not going to visit the others that I appreciate so much. But my home church was celebrating its second missionary convention, and I felt I needed to be there. I also was able to meet 2 of the missionaries that I had not met before. AND the best of the best was seeing my pastor's wife, also a pastor, pregnant. Beautiful! AND then I was able to see baby Elliot! What a blessed baby to have these two people for his parents. Of course, they would say they are the blessed ones. And, of course, they are. I truly miss this couple when I am gone. They and the church are truly my church family. I miss Pastor Bryan's sermons and his Wed. night Bible studies and him playing the devil's advocate. It's good because he makes us think.

Last but not at all the least, I had a great time visiting my kids, grand-kids and great grand-kids. I'm a couple up since I've been here, thank you Kenny, and more on the way. Children are a blessing from God, even the ornery ones.
So I want to thank you guys for making me feel loved and wanted and for putting up with me. Thank you for letting me use your vehicles so I didn't have to rent one. Doug, thank you for cleaning up the computer, taking care of all my business stuff, and getting up at 4:30 to take me to the airport. Thank you Darlene for a bedroom filled with my stuff. Penny, thanks for having Christmas early (tell Katelynn thanks too)so I could visit with all the kids, not to mention getting songs on my computer!! It was fun going shopping with you Steve, while Penny was catching forty winks after working the midnight shift. If ever you and Doug get together to go shopping, well...the stores will love you. Great fun. Thanks for the good reading Sis, and Jen for the movies we took in, and Christmas with your family. This is not the end of the list, but you get the drift.

I love you all and miss you when I'm here. I'm glad you understand that God has a plan for each of us even though we may not understand it at times. But some day when we look back, it will have all fallen into place and then we will see clearly. God is so awesome. It's like when I made my return ticket to St. Louis instead of Wichita in August. What was I thinking? Evidently I wasn't, but when I realized what I did, the thought that came was God has a plan. So I didn't try to change it. And truly He did. My daughter needed to see her momma. How much God loves her. Enough to see her need for December in August. And since God is no respecter of persons( He doesn't love her anymore than the rest of us), He does these things for us, and sometimes we don't recognize His hand in our lives. Did I know that was His plan in August? Of course not, but it sure thrills my soul to think about it now. I feel a shout coming on!! Got to go.

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment