Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ps.68:19 Blessed be the Lord who daily loadeth us with benefits...

Here it is, a new year. As a child I never thought the year 2000 would be a reality. It was like a sci-fi movie that just wasn't true. I just couldn't think that far ahead. So now it is eleven years after! Many people make new year resolutions and I probably did to in my younger years, but no more. It just doesn't make sense to me to do that. I have goals, but it's one day at a time.

Christmas time was good. I spent time with my family and friends. And I loved seeing the changes in my grand-kids. They are growing up so fast.

And now I'm in Costa Rica at CINCEL, the language school for the missionaries that are going to Spanish speaking countries. It's a close knit bunch already. God's people connect with each other, and they grow into families. And the family just keeps growing! It's amazing to think that I have brothers and sisters all over the world. It is interesting to hear everyone's story of how the Lord moved in their lives to get them on the mission field. Every story is unique, but then so is each one of us. God has a plan for each of us, whether we're on the mission field or not, and he uses everything in our past one way or another to bring us to where we are today and to use it for his glory. I shudder to think where I would be today if God was not active in my life. It's a scary thought.

I have been here for 4 days and it has been busy. My apartment is 2 big rooms with 2 baths. They made 1 big apartment from 2 one room apartments. I'm so glad because I need space. Perhaps that's why I like to live in the country. God is so good, and he takes care of little things. For example, my rooms are shades of my favorite colors, green and brown. The coffee cups are like mugs that I like to use to drink coffee. I have a large closet and a queen size bed that is very comfortable. I have cable and the internet. I'm right across the driveway from the entrance to the school. It can't get much better than that.

This morning we went to the fruit market. It was very big. We share things when there are too many for one or two people. Ritchie (who is 25 , single, and stationed in El Salvador) and I split avocados and limes. Too many carrots in a bag? Share them. I just bought one huge carrot which will last me all week, whether I cook it or use it raw. There is nothing like fresh vegetables and fruits. Right now I'm cooking 3 beets, and in a few minutes 3 of us are going down the street to buy eggs. So we went, and now we're back. Great little store down around the corner. We also found a nursery, so I want to buy a couple of live plants next week so my nest will really feel like home. Just gotta have plants in the house!

There are many AG churches in San Jose, but tomorrow we will go to the one around the corner. I think it has 2 morning services. So it has to be really big. Will see.

Well, today we didn't go to the one around the corner! We went to another, and the pastor is the Superintendent over the AG churches here in CR. Some things I understood, and some I did not. However he likened Gen.1 with our lives. The world was created by God and then God brought order into it. Our lives are not in order when God calls us. He brings order by bringing light which of course is Christ. And then somewhere in his message he said that we have to live God's word and culture and not the culture in which we live. Ritchie nudged me and said that he felt like he was sitting in my living room, because I had just "preached" that culture message to him before we left for church. He had said,"oh, my God." When I said you ought not say that he responded that it was the culture here. Well, that was an open door and I walked right through it! They say it in Honduras, too. When I asked why he said it, he said he didn't know. We ought not be using God's name in vain. The culture of the kingdom of God is different than the culture here, in the U.S., and Honduras. Jesus went against his culture many times, and was loved or hated by those around him. We have to follow in his path. This is the second time that this culture theme has been confirmed for me. The last Sun. in the states, I went to church with my youngest son, and his pastor also made the same statement. I love it when God confirms something that he has given me. Oh happy day...

One missionary is here from Chile and is going to India. She is here to learn English and then Indi (?)when she arrives there. I will be helping her with English while she helps me with Spanish. Grandma used to say "turn around is fair play".

So tomorrow classes begin. I am so ready!!

Many thanks Lord for your peace, and for your daily care of us, and you truly do load us daily with benefits: family, friends, everything that we need and desire even when we aren't sure what those things are. And thank you for remembering my family always.

No comments:

Post a Comment