Friday, August 12, 2011

Ps.23:1 The LORD is my shepherd...

Today was graduation for three students. Each will be going to different places. One will return to the states, one goes back to Mexico, and the other will stay here in Costa Rica. So now we have three weeks vacation. It could not have come at a better time for me. You ever get that feeling that enough is enough? Well, that's where I was yesterday. So it's time for a break, not from the language, of course, but from classes.

One family will be returning to the states for the break, and the other family will be entertaining family and friends from the states. Leticia and I will have a chance to go to the beach for a few days at no expense. That's a gift from God! I met a missionary and her family a couple of weeks ago, and they offered their cabin at the beach or the one in the mountains to us. And they are taking us there and will return to bring us back home. What a blessing! I like the mountains, but Leticia lives near the ocean in Chile, and I don't think she has been to the beach since arriving here in January. So that will be a good thing for the both of us.

Last weekend several of us went to Manuel Antonio and spent the night there. (When someone or two someones want to go somewhere, they always ask others if they would like to go also because it's so much cheaper for everybody). We woke up to monkeys chattering and swinging through the trees. Awesome to see them in their own habitat doing what is normal for them. We went to the beach the afternoon that we arrived there and went back to the beach the next morning. They all love the beach! I, however sat under the big umbrella and read! But I did go out on the banana boat with them. It was fun. It's this big air filled thing that looks like a banana that is pulled through the water by a motor boat. You sit astraddle the banana and hold on to a strap in front of you. It carried six of us. Of course the big "thrill" is when the boat does a uuey and dumps everybody in the ocean. Now, I'm not a good swimmer, but we all were wearing life jackets. I was wondering how in the world am I going to get back on that thing. So along comes Alicia and grabs my jacket and away we go. Much faster than me doing it on my own! Now grabbing hold of that strap, and trying to throw your leg over the banana(like getting on a horse, only there is no firm ground under your feet!) with it bouncing up and down in the water is a sight to behold, I'm sure. Thank the Lord that one of the workers was there helping everybody to get back on the thing. Goodness, the things I do! And then ask myself what am I doing here??? But it was fun. But once is enough. Just like climbing that mountain in Honduras. Once will do it for all time.

So hows the language? Tough! I have an 88% in all except for the oral section, which is 61%. So hopefully they are changing my placement next tri to put me where I need to be. I have been in the 3rd trimester sections ever since being here. That's not the best place to be when first starting out. So here's hoping...

A person really learns to say hi and good-bye on the mission field, especially here, because people are coming in and leaving every time a tri begins and ends and sometimes in the middle of one. So I remember one of my middle school students that would never say good-bye at the end of the day. Always she would say "See you later, Ms Blumer" because to her good-bye meant forever. So I really did adopt that from her, especially being here. When we were talking about this yesterday, Olivia, 10 years old, said, "Yea, but we're never going to see them again."
And I told her that she really didn't know that because we don't know where God will send us or who we will see. It's very possible to see these missionaries again. So I have learned to say"see you later."

So I guess it's time to say, See you later.
Dios le Bendiga

No comments:

Post a Comment