Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ps.116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

This weekend has been one of surprises, some good and some not so good. I was suppose to meet with my special group on Saturday and interview one of the mother's for my project, but I received a call from the missionary on Friday telling me that one of the kids died that day. What a shock for his mother (and the rest of us) because he hadn't been sick. They think it was a seizure. The "kid" was 42 years old. So needless to say, the meeting was cancelled Saturday for the funeral. Funerals are held within 24 hours here just like in Honduras. I didn't know Minor personally, but I sure feel the loss. And I pray for his mother. There will be such a void in her life, because Minor was happiest at his mother's side, but I know God will comfort her. His father died a few years ago. It's so precious how the Lord moves. I was thinking about Minor this morning and calling him a child, and I thought how we are God's children. Just like Minor, we are his children regardless of our age. God doesn't have grandchildren. And then the message in church this morning was about being God's child. Totally awesome! When we are adults, I think we forget that we are children in God's sight. His children. My oldest is 50, and I introduce him as my son or oldest child, or something to the effect that indicates he is my child. He doesn't become something else because he is an adult. And it's the same for my other four. Regardless of our ages, they will always be my children. Bless their hearts. And the same goes with them and their children. I am so blessed to know that I am a child of God, and He will never leave or forsake me, and will continue to teach me until the day that I stand before him in my new body.

On a happier note, when I answered the phone yesterday, a fellow started talking to me in English saying that I knew him because he had been with one of the teams that had come to HN. Well, there were several teams that had come, and I relayed that to him, because I surely didn't recognize his voice. Well, what a great surprise, it was Pastor Ken from MA. And I was able to talk to 2 of the ladies that had come on the team. AND then I talked to Becky, my missionary, who is their guest missionary for a few days. What a great surprise. God knows just how to bless our socks off! It's so nice to know that someone is thinking about you.

It has been so quiet this weekend. Most went to the beaches, but Sara and I stayed here. The peace is wonderful!!! She shares an apartment with two other girls. So we've went shopping, to church, and ate at the food court at the mall. There is a store here that is named El Rey, and it is like Dollar General and Family Dollar rolled into one. I spent a whole dollar! And the other store that is super cheap and closer to home is Pequeno Mundo. Fun places to go and look. We don't buy the things that we normally would because we are only allowed so much weight in our suitcases, so we definitely don't spend a lot of money on stuff.

So yesterday and today, I have spent a lot of time listening and watching Spanish television. Sometimes I don't understand at all, and other times, it's right there. Oh well, this is is a life long endeavor for sure.

For those of you that read my blog, please pray for Minor's mother and the rest of the group. The death of their special child lays heavy on their hearts at times. Thanks and God bless you for doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment