Saturday, August 9, 2014

Ps. 128:Yea, thou shalt see thy children's children, and peace upon Israel.

Can you believe it? Almost time for school to begin a new year in the states! Time flies. Of course we are just in our 3rd nine weeks here, but it's going fast, too.

A group was here from CA for ten days and they really blessed our students, teachers,  Becky and me. 
They had skits that we had not seen before with messages beyond the salvation message. And this is a need in our schools. Our students have heard the salvation message many times, and they need messages that apply to other areas of their lives and walking with Christ. And this group provided some. Thank you Lord. The group, made up mostly of high school students, ministered, prayed for and with the students, and spent the afternoons painting some classrooms. We also spent two days and nights at the Castillo del Rey camp grounds outside of Tegucigalpa. The kids had games, competitions, food, and church services.  They enjoyed them all. Some of the kids were filled with the Holy Spirit including two from the states. Yay Jesus! Becky and I were told that the kids from my school were the best behaved, etc. Another PTL.  Also I was told that my students spoke really good English! Another yay Jesus!  It was an awesome time  in the Lord's presence. There were two or three from the states that knew a little Spanish, but language was not a problem when the praying began. God moved! The leader and Pastor of the group spoke Spanish too, so he interpreted just about everything he said. It was great. 

And now we are practicing for the Independence Day parade  Sept. 15, so there won't be classes everyday:(  So I need to re-think lessons for the 5th and 6th grades. They don't come as regular as the other grades.  As my one adult student always says, "What problems!" One of my newer students has been invited to live with her aunt and uncle in the U.S. They are legally there!!! In fact her uncle is an American. Anyway, she didn't like English, but her aunt told her that if she wanted to come to live with them, she had to learn English first. Yay auntie! What a motivation that is.

I started putting my newsletter on my blog, and it's interesting how everything gets out of line! Oh, well, don't sweat the little things. I'm not a publisher or a page designer, etc. and I don't have time to become one. But I do apologize for the scrambled mess! The Honduran flag in the upper right hand corner didn't come through, and the bottom is all messed up too, but the message is intact, and I guess that's the important thing.

And Barbara, I hope this finds you well and blessed. I think of you often and send up a prayer for you. Love you.

So now, it's time to listen to some church songs in Spanish. I'm getting better remembering them! But just like the states, there are so many!

Celebration!! I have a new great-granddaughter! Perfect and beautiful. Thank you Jesus.

Until later.






No comments:

Post a Comment