Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Ps.148 Praise ye the LORD...both young men, and maidens, old men, and children:

What a bitter sweet day this has been! One of my adult students is leaving for the states in two days, legally, I might add! Her last class, really wasn't a class, was today.  Memories, such memories we have.  She was saying how scared she was when she first started, and then learned that another lady whom she knew was also in the class.  The peace that she soon felt, the English that she learned, and the fun that we had. We laughed a lot.  It was great. I will miss her so much, but we know that God has a plan for her, and this is part of an answered prayer for her. So all is well.

And we really had a good laugh when I told about my milk being delivered by horse back Saturday morning! I asked Will if I could buy some milk from him, and he said yes.  So it was delivered by this handsome young man on a horse.  I should have taken a picture. I paid him for my 2 liters, and as he turned to go, I saw several more bottles of milk in his saddlebags.  I thought people in the states will think this is really weird. Well, maybe, but it's part of everyday life here if you want raw milk.  Oh my, how rich it is.  I haven't had this kind of milk since I lived in Michigan in the 60's. What a blessing. 

Becky and I took a trip to another department Saturday. We went to Julticalpa, Olancho.  A lot of logging goes on there, and other than that, nothing much different.  We did go to the little mall there and bought birthday presents to take to a party the next day for a little lady turning five.

Well, I started this yesterday, so I'd better finish it today.  The little lady yesterday loved her gifts. Yay!!

So today, the 8th graders had to choose a partner and talk.  They could not write their conversations first. It had to be from the mind and heart.  They were a little apprehensive when I told them what they had to do, BUT they did absolutely wonderful. Yay, 8th graders! That definitely increased their confidence.  Before they would write out their conversations, memorize, and talk. But today was really good. I think they surprised themselves. They know more than they thought they knew. Definitely made this teacher proud of them and happy.  9th graders are next!






No comments:

Post a Comment