Saturday, January 31, 2009

First 12 days

The first 12 days have been very busy and interesting. We've shopped for birthday presents for students of LACC that have sponsors. Do you know how long it has been since I've shopped for clothes for little kids? A long time! Don't ask me at this point in time if something looks like a size 8, 10, or 12! Your guess is as good as mine or maybe better!

So we cleaned the office and moved furniture. Since we don't have a paper shredder, I elected to be the shredder. You wouldn't believe it, but I filled two garbage bags. Wow!

We went to check out a few places to live in the Valley. Not many there, and the ones we saw were not good. Then we went WAY out in the country, near the school, and wow what a place, but very expensive. Of course, I wouldn't have to buy food, cook it, do laundry, clean or anything else. The price was being negotiated since I am a volunteer here, and the place was started by a Catholic priest to help the poor in Honduras. But at this time, I'm waiting on the return of Mario and Doris to find out their plans for me with their house. So hopefully, I will know Monday. But not to worry. God knows the place He has for me.

Let's see. What else? Internet is not very dependable everyday. The Valley has an internet cafe but I couldn't get on in the village with my lap top. Becky says Mario has internet at his place. The expensive place has it.

I have become an eavesdropper!! Reading Spanish is good. Hearing it clear is another matter.
So I'm listening to all I can.

Ok, I think that is it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear everything is going well, it's also nice to see you posting items here!! A few people from Asbury have asked for your blog address to keep up to date. Now you should feel obligated. :-)Love ya
    Doug

    ReplyDelete